A house ad is an ad sold by a publisher, running through the Strossle widget. House ads are created through Marketplace and targeted to specific widgets. Today, a house can be targeted to any of the widgets owned by a specific publisher.
House ads are served by Strossle Ad Server. In case no house ad can be served (e.g. because all house ads has delivered desired amount of clicks for an hour), regular ads are served. If you don't want house ads mappings to fall back on regular ads please make sure to inform our ServiceDesk by sending a message to email@example.com.
- We can not grant access to create house ads for more than one publisher and all widgets associated with that publisher.
Creating house ads
You create an house ad almost exactly the same way as you would create a normal ad in Marketplace.
- Start by creating your campaign, read Create Campaign
- The next step is to start adding ads to the campaign, read Create Ads - Resellers
With one exception; you can select a widget your ad should be targeted to. As soon as you select a widget (only possible if you have been given house ads capabilities), the ad is considered to be a house ad. Also note that house-ads will not require approval from Campaign Managers at Strossle. They will be auto approved.
* Selecting a widget indicated that this is an house ad
* You can identify a house ad in Marketplace by the blue HOUSE AD label