The first time you log on to Marketplace the space is empty and you need to create a new campaign!
Press "Create campaign"
Fill in the fields:
- Brand name to display: This is the name of the advertiser. This name will be shown in our widgets, so please check that the name is correct before saving the campaign.
- Campaign name: The campaign name is not visible in widgets and only used in Marketplace. We do recommend that you use descriptive and easy to find names, as the list of campaigns will most likely grow with time. A recommendation would be to use a format like "AdName Month Year Advertiser", for ex: Fanta Fantastic August 2017 CocaCola-Company.
- Start date: The start date of the campaign.
- End date: The end date of the campaign.
Note: Start and End date are mandatory fields and are used for invoicing purposes.
- Select country: Used to target widgets from the specified country. You can only choose one country.
For geo targeting options see "Advanced Settings" in: Creating-ads-Resellers
Language: The campaign will only show up in widgets configured with the selected language. You can only choose one language.
Note: The language option will set the currency and default cpc/cpm values in ads.
House ads campaign: Select this option if you want to run a campaign with only house ads. More info how to create house ads: Creating house ads - Publishers
Note: This option is only available for publishers with 'House ad' privileges.
- Customer order number: Optional field to track orders by order number.
a. Manual: All ads in the campaign are optimized manually by the user. Targets can be changed manually while the ads are active.
b. Even: All ads within the same campaign will get an equal amount of impressions. When this option is selected ad delivery is not optimized automatically.
c. Automatic: All ads within the same campaign will get an equal amount of impressions up until they all reach 2% of their target. Then the best performing ad will get the most amount of total impressions (specified on the campaign level). The best performing ad will get 80% of all impressions while 20% will be allocated to the rest of the ads in the campaign. Please note that for an evenly distributed campaign, all ads need to have roughly the same start and end dates.
- Quantity for distribution: Mandatory only when 'Even' or 'Automatic' distribution is selected. This value can be changed during the campaign's running time.
- Campaign price type:
a. Select Clicks for a CPC (cost per click) campaign
b. Select Impressions for a CPM (cost per thousand impressions) campaign
Note that this setting concerns all ads in the campaign.
- Campaign budget: Mandatory only 'When campaign starts' is selected. Note that when you have set a budget then you cannot increase the price on the ads nor the quantity to exceed the budget you have chosen on the campaign level. Calculations are done while you change the price or the quantity to make sure you do not exceed your budget. A notification on the ad will then pop up: "You have exceeded your total budget. If you want to use this option please increase your campaign budget".
- Now you can save your campaign!
And now it's time to create some ads!
Creating ads - Resellers