The first time you log on to Marketplace the space is empty and you need to create a new campaign!
- Press "Create campaign"
- Brand name to display: This is the name of the advertiser. It's important to get that right because in sponsored recommendations on live widgets we usually add "Sponsored by the advertiser", or "External link from the advertiser", or a like. That is set on a widget basis and some widgets are set to display "Sponsored by...", other are set to display only the name of the advertiser as written other widgets are configured not to show it.
- Campaign name: Not visible in widgets and only used in Marketplace for you to keep track of your campaigns. We do recommend that you use descriptive and easy to find names, as the list of campaigns will most likely grow with time. So a recommendation would be to use something like "AdName month year advertiser", for ex: Fanta Fantastic August 2017 CocaCola-Company.
- Start Date: Fill the start date of the campaign.
- End Date: Fill the end date of the campaign.
Note: Start and End date are mandatory fields and are used for invoicing purposes. All ads created under the same campaign must be within the campaign date interval. Or you have to change the interval of the campaign and then you can modify the date interval on ads.
- Select country: Used to target widgets in a specific country. That is not Geo IP based targeting but the country settings on widgets. You can only choose one country.
Language: The ad will only show up on widgets configured with the selected language. You can only choose one language.
Note. Language option will set the currency and default cpc/cpm values in ads creation view
- Campaign price type:
a. Clicks, eg CPC (cost per click) campaign
b. Impressions. eg CPM (cost per thousand impressions - technically, “cost per mille”) campaign
Note that all ads in the same campaign will be what you choose here and will be either clicks or impressions. If you wish to run some AD as impression campaigns and some with Clicks then you need to create two different campaigns.
- Invoicing period for the campaign: After you have chosen a date interval a few options will show up:
- When campaign starts: invoicing reports will be available immediately
- Monthly (based on delivery): invoicing reports will be available monthly at the beginning of every new month within the campaign period
- When campaign ends: invoicing reports will be available when the campaign finish
- Campaign budget: Mandatory only "When campaign starts" is selected since we have upfront payments in this case. Note that IF you have set a budget then you cannot increase the price on the ads nor the quantity to exceed the budget you have chosen on the campaign level. Calculations are done while you change the price or the quantity to make sure you do not exceed your budget. An error message on the ad will then pop up "You have exceeded your total budget. If you want to use this option please increase your campaign budget".
- Customer order number: Optional field to track orders by order number.
- Now you can save your campaign!
And now its time to create some ads!
Create Ads - Resellers